Camping at Rumleigh By the River Tamar
Camping at Rumleigh By the River
Rumleigh Farm sits in a magical world of its own with 30 acres of accessible land that leads you straight down to the river Tamar where we have a wonderful summer house that sits on our own granite quay.
The land is home to badgers and owls, rare bats and butterflies, wildflowers and bees and best of all in our opinion - there is absolutely no traffic (maybe the odd farm vehicle). And if you camp by the river as opposed to the to the camping field - then you hear all sorts of river noise!!
If you choose to camp we have toilet facilities in the barn you can use, two electrical hook-ups, fresh water tap and you can use all the other facilities available at the time such as:
• The Riverside Summerhouse that sits on the river Tamar and overlooks the Cornish and Devon countryside
• 30 acres of organic, nature rich Devon farmland to wander in including woodland
• Wild and wonderful photography spots to create really memorable imagery
There is camping space in the orchard field for about 30 people with field kitchen area, open fire area, toilets and a tyre swing as well as walks to the river
Offers breathtaking sunsets, open space for play and a feel of being away but close enough to everything bring your own tent or hire (must ring first) ready to use just bring sleeping bags
• there is a water tap in the car park close to the orchard field
• Eco-friendly elements:
• we have a green award for the farm and we are working hard to improve our impact all the time
• All water comes from a spring so we try and use water wisely as the spring fills our tanks slowly in the summer
• we encourage a vast range of wildlife and we have rare bats and butterflies and our swallows take over one barn in the summer so we ask that you take great care of not disturbing them
• separate recyclable rubbish bins provided
• please never leave litter take home
• there are two electrical hook ups
• there are NO sewage disposal tanks
• there is plenty of parking
• you can choose to camp by the river but there is no water tap but there is a fire pit with wood
• the river camp area has no facilities unless its an event and a porta loo is there
• you can launch a canoe from the quay
• you may bring your dog but please arrange with us first (we have free ranging chickens, ducks and cats) and with an agreement to keep on a lead by the house. There are free run areas available.
FOOD AND DRINK
DIY:·On your own stove or BBQ
In-house: Catering is available but must be with prior notice. We can do breakfasts and packed lunches.
Eating out: In the heart of one of the UK’s favourite foodie destinations you are spoilt for choice when it comes down to eating out.
OUT AND ABOUT
Don your walking boots – there are miles of tracks opening onto the World heritage site, Dartmoor and· South West Coast Path all virtually on your doorstep.
We can arrange for you to Canoe on the river, go tree surfing, climb tors, go riding or be properly pampered, or play golf at one of many superb courses nearby